What can I take with me?
In order to make your journey with SL as comfortable as possible, there are certain rules that apply to what you may do and may take with you on your journey.
- There is no extra charge for luggage or prams/buggies (with or without child).
- You may take onboard as much luggage you can easily carry yourself. However, bulky items are not permitted, such as furniture, removal boxes, or items that are over two metres in length.
- You may never take with you loaded firearms, inflammable, explosive, or foul-smelling substances.
- Bicycles are generally not allowed on the SL services. During off-peak periods you may take your bicycle onboard the commuter trains and on the Saltsjöbanan train. If you are taking the commuter train, you may not board or disembark the train at Stockholm Central if you have a bicycle with you.
- There is no extra charge for pets, but they must be on a leash or in a carrier. There are restricted areas in buses and trains where pets are not allowed, for the consideration of people with allergies. Guide dogs are always permitted everywhere in the SL service network.
If you have any questions about your journey or what you may take with you, you can call Customer Services on +46 (0)8 600 10 00. They can help you in English.